Pets in roguelikes are cool. What if the whole game was just pets?
Haha, just kidding...
- The player can't attack directly.
- The player will be killed in one hit.
- Collect 16 distinct monsters in the monster-catching-ball and return to the starting area to win.
How to Play:
- Spawn tamed monsters near wild monsters to attack and defeat them.
- Careful though, you don't control them. They go where they want.
- Click the ball in the lower left, a monster, then a space on the map to spawn a monster.
- Click a tamed monster and "RECALL" to bring them back into the ball.
- Wild monsters with low health can be captured in the same way.
- When tamed monsters do damage to wild monsters, tamed monsters in the ball gain health.
- Click a traversable space on the map to walk there. This cannot be cancelled.
- Click the player to wait a turn.
- Click a monster to see a description.
- The vital stats of tamed monsters can be seen.
- The vital stats of wild monsters will be obscured.
- Each monster has a size, speed, and one of five types.
- The attacks of monsters with larger size do more damage.
- The attacks of monsters with higher speed succeed more frequently.
- Each monster type is strong against one other type and weak against a different type.
- The sizes, speeds, and types of monsters will be the same every game.
- Which types are strong and weak against each other will change every game.
- Use the player to bait monsters out into the open, but don't get them too close.
- Cycle tamed monsters in and out of the ball to keep them healthy.
- Watch for attacks that are particularly effective, or ineffective, to work out which types are strong and weak against which other types.
- If you exit and reenter the garden, different monsters will repopulate.
- You need 16 different monsters to win, so if you have duplicates in the ball they're expendable (😬gulp... 😰yikes! 😱)
Special thanks to Pokefans.net, for the tileset and spritesheets.
Updated 2020-03-09 to fix a game breaking RNG bug.
Updated 2020-03-12 to fix a game breaking "undefined type" bug.